Data Protection Statement effective from 25 May 2018
dss Solutions Limited trading as dss (‘dss’) would like to take this opportunity to advise you of our policies and your rights under GDPR in relation to your data and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
1. Who we are and why we collect your information
We may use your personal information to update you on product updates, newsletters, invitations to events and information which may interest you. Where we do so, dss is the data controller. Our contact details are as follows: dss, Hyde House, 65 Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.
Where we use your information for this purpose, we do so in our legitimate interest to connect with our customers and potential customers. You have the right to object to this at any time.
2. Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third party service provides that perform services and functions on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, and other business advisors, marketing companies who carry out marketing campaigns on our behalf and providers of security and administration services.
2. Storage Periods
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
4. Transfers outside of the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances, we will take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law, to protect your personal information.
5. Your Rights
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right, free of charge, to:
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you
- rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- erase personal information we hold about you
- restriction of processing of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information for our legitimate interests
- receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that data transmitted to another data controller.
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out above. We will endeavor to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month, we may extend this period by a further two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission.